Saturday 13 October 2007

Welcome to my very own blog!

Isn't this exciting, its like the first time you open your text book at school. You want to keep it all neat and tidy but then if you're anything like I was it never really stayed that way :(. There you go already I've spoilt it.

So why have I created a blog, well i'm hoping to have a place to jot down all my many daily thoughts regarding my new life as a webmaster. I brought my first site sometime towards the end of 2006 the idea being that I would have somewhere to learn about designing websites and in particular the behind the scenes work of programming a website using PHP and MySQL. With the help of a book called PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites (2nd Edition) by Larry Ullman and Dreamweaver 8 for Dummies. The latter book was ok but I didn't really look at it again after reading it once, Larry's book though I have read over and over again and keep it near by always. Excellent book.

Every day I will try and post to say what I have done to my sites along with details of any new revenue streams I have joined and promotional tools / sites I have come across.

First post over.

All the best.
Michael.

No comments: