Friday 19 October 2007

Update

The arcade banner advertising seems to be working and visitors are starting to arrive at 247mgf.co.uk. We even had a couple of new members sign up to the members, that's not so unusual but these actually made some posts! Unless you run a forum you will not understand how amazing a feat this is. Its one thing to get visitors and then to have them sign up but to actually post is the difficult part.

It's difficult to know what's best when it comes to advertising on your site, do you want to keep your visitors or let them go which obviously advertising is trying to do. With arcade banners you're not even earning from your visitors leaving. I've got about 14 different banners, from about 10 different banner networks all trying to grab my visitors attention and whisk them away, and I know its working as I checked the banner networks logs today and I have quite a good rate of clicks for all of them. Most are getting around 2%-4% hit rate from me but then they are also bringing a lot of the traffic to me. I will keep monitoring it but as long as there bringing in traffic I will keep them but remove the non-performing networks as time goes on. I will of course keep you all posted.

Always24-7.co.uk also did well this week, although there is no advertising on there at the moment so no income but some of the traffic did filter over to 247mgf.co.uk so it wasn't a total waste.

As I am still working out how to spend the huge amounts of money I made a couple of days ago I haven't checked if I made any more but I will try and have an update over the weekend.

I'm working on another idea to enable me to promote some of the more adult affiliate programs that are unsuitable for this blog and my current sites. These should bring more income in. Again I'll keep you posted.

No comments: