Sunday 14 October 2007

Creating Favicon

Back in January 2007 I didn't even know what a favicon was. If you look on the tab for this blog you will see the little white B with the Orange background (assuming I haven't changed it by the time you read this). These neat little logo's are known as favicon's and they can be set to anything you want on your blog or website. Check out a few of my other pages to see the different favicon's I have created:

www.always24-7.co.uk

BEST FREE GAMES 24/7

www.247parenting.co.uk

www.addicted2football.com

These favicon's are also used when a visitor bookmarks your site. To create a favicon for your site or blog you need to create a little logo 32x32 and place it into your root directory. Then add the following bit of code in the head section of your website or blog:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" >

2 comments:

The Video Rambler said...

Those are great. I like the 24/7 one the best I think. You should take your graphic and actually create it as a .ico format though. The online converter I like to use is http://www.freefavicon.com/. They also have some free favicons there to download.

Michael said...

Nice site. Thank you for sharing. I'll add it to our web resource list.