Sunday 14 October 2007

Day Two

I was going to title this my second post but I thought how unoriginal, so I went for the much more original "Day Two" :). I'm afraid if anyone reads through my blog they will soon discover that I have no flair for writing and therefore most of the time I might just put in the information I have to hand without any great writing insight. You get the information and I don't have the headache of it looking good or sounding good.

So now that i've told you that, straight to the facts. You may have wondered why I called my blog "webmasters money making mission". Well when I first set it up I was going to list all the idea's I had for monetizing my site but I also wanted a place to ramble on about what I had done with my site and jot down idea's for the future. So I am going to combine them all here. I'm a very messy worker as my darling wife Paula will willingly testify. I have sheets of papers and pads all over the place. I jot down idea's and then never remember where i've put them or simply don't find the time to go through all my notes again. This is hopefully where this blog will help me even if no one ever reads it. I'm sure Paula is also hoping it will tidy up my organised chaos.

The first domain name I brought was www.always24-7.co.uk along with www.always247.co.uk. I soon learnt how to throw a page up on the world wide web and then went on to learn about php. It's not pretty but it worked. I then went on to learn about forums and settled on phpBB2 which I now use for 3 different forums. There was only ever supposed to be one forum, www.247parenting.co.uk which Paula and I wanted to start to have somewhere to moan about our difficult lives as the parents of 9 horrible children :). In fact we have 9 of the best children in the world, although as I write this i've just heard Paula telling one of them off so maybe I will have to edit this later :).

The other 2 forums were set up for my children and looked after by my children although just like children's pets I ended up doing most of the work! These were our movie and gaming forum at www.247movieandgaming.co.uk and football forum at www.addicted2football.com (or addicted2football.co.uk). Both of these were running on always 24-7 but recently the movie and gaming forum has moved onto its own domain at 247mgf.co.uk. Its a much bigger gaming site now but with the forum still in place.

Have to go eat so will come back and add more later.

Be lucky.

No comments: